Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Precious Details of Lacoste, France

     Lacoste is one of the most interesting and thought provoking places I have ever been to.  I believe that it might be impossible to turn the same corner every day and not see something new.  Every square inch of this village has character.  Even the roof tiles are composed of hundreds of colors.  As the end of my first week is fast approaching, I have already been swamped with visual overload.  I’m starting to wonder if the stone roads, dramatic vines, the dozens of statues, and the rows and rows of cherry trees are real.  I honestly believe I am living in a fairy tale.  There is so much to see and discover in a village the size of a thumbnail.

~Peace & Cupcakes~




 
 Home for the next 9 weeks!










 Make a wish!
 Our library was an old bakery! The igloo shape was the old oven, and SCAD has even put a tiny sitting room inside of it!

 A great place to rest your feet!
 Bonnieux.  They say at night it looks like a cruise ship.
 Even the doors have interesting details!
 The Goat Gate




My favorite little discovery!

Sunset, 6/29/11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kelsey.......each day I think well these are the most beautiful.........then here comes some more!!!!! It all looks awesome...

I hope you are doing ok in class and with everything.........

Love and prayers sent your way.....

AND many many many many many hugs..... G'ma

Anonymous said...

Still loving the pictures. Please keep them coming. They are so interesting!!! Love you! -Mama-

Jane said...

Gorgeous sunset shot Kelsey! I finally see that iron hat you were talking about - very cool :D - I really need to get some night shooting done - Bonnieux really does look like a cruise ship!

See ya at lunch! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo jealous, these pictures are wonderful, and I have to say, you write very interesting comments about your day and the pics. Keep it up..... Sure don't have to say have fun because I can just look at your face and pics and it says it all....Gracie