Monday, July 18, 2011

Parisian Girl

     I am officially counting down the hours until our departure from Lacoste to Paris!  The air is filled with a campus-wide enthusiasm among students and staff itching to board our train and get our butts to the city.  For most of us, this will be our first time to a place as magical and grand as Paris.  My pulse is racing.  I'm ready to be there! I have already mentally prepared myself for a week of little sleep, the tastiest junk food on earth, and the most amazing adventures of my life.  I continue to be extremely grateful for this amazing opportunity my parents have allowed me to have, and I can't wait to discover all of the wonders Paris has to offer! 

Some things I'll be up to in Paris: 
  • Harry Potter 7 Part 2 ~ Le Grand Rex (the largest theater in the world)
  • Musee d'Orsay
  • Lunch at the Rococo Room (restaurant inspired by the infamous Marie Antoinette)
  • Eiffel Tower
  • Arche de Triomphe
  • Luxembourg gardens
  • Musee du Louvre
  • Musee Europeenne de Photographie
  • Centre Pompidou
  • Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • Notre Dame tour and mass
  • Versaille (I'm most interested in the Marie Antoinette dress collection)
  • Revolution Square (where Marie Antoinette was beheaded)
  • Marche aux Puces de St. Ouen (largest flea market in Paris)
  • Ile St. Louis ~ Berthillon (Best sorbets in Paris)
PLEASE leave me a comment letting me know if there is something I must check out while I'm there.  I only get 6 days in Paris, and I want to make them COUNT. I'll share every detail when I get back to Lacoste! Until then...

~Peace & Cupcakes~

Some of our amazing group :) Photo by Steve Moraco


4 comments:

Steve Moraco said...

Well said Kelsey! Looking forward to sharing some of the week with you! Fantastic blog you have here too! Keep up the awesome blogging!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing week have a great time! can't wait to here about your adventures.

Gavin

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Paris, but I know you will have a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about it!

Stay safe, have fun and God Bless..

many hugs to you

G'ma

Anonymous said...

Holy Toledo....I surely do miss your words and photos!!!!!! Can't wait for you to be back in Lacroste!!!!!!! I know you are having a great time!!!!

Many many Hugs.......G'ma